The Goodrich Children

The Goodrich Children
Christmas 2010

My family!

My family!
Olivia, Ainsley, Ella Kate Chris and Andrew!

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter 2008


 



My beautiful little girls.... Olivia & Ainsley before heading off to church. The girls were so beautiful, yet I didn't manage to get a great shot of them... The sun was in their eyes and they were so excited to get to church to see their Mimi. We all managed to make it on time to church in order for me to sing in the choir and have bunch as well. Chris did quite well with both girls in the sanctuary during the sermon and even Ainsley sang a song or two with the congregation. Of course, as I looked down at my family I noticed what I see each time I am in church with Olivia. She sits quietly and behaves like a perfect little angel. We are so blessed!!

We went to Mimi's house to dye Easter eggs and enjoy a great meal! The girls played, Andrew enjoyed the attention and we drove off from Spanish Fort with one less child. Olivia decided to spend the night with her grandmother and we drove back with Ainsley and Andrew dozing in the back of the van. It was noticed once we got home that the reason for Ainsley wanting to be with us was that she was indeed sick with a fever. I guess there is not a better place to be than with your mama and daddy when you feel bad. I woke up yesterday feeling the effects of something myself but managed to go to work regardless of illness.

Chris enjoyed the family time and with Monday morning he returned to tax season hours. I am so thankful that with Easter, comes day light savings time and a shorter count down till April 15th. I am so thankful for that! We all miss Chris and the late nights of the girls staying up to greet him are wearing on me now. I can not put them to bed at a decent time when they have not had their "daddy time". I just remember growing up needing my time with my father and I realize how important it is. I am so blessed to have a husband that enjoys his daughters and relishes moments with me.

Andrew is growing big. Now he is 5-months-old and is grasping for toys, holding his blanket, taking his pacifer out of his mouth, responding to his sisters with cackles and giggles. He absolutely adores Livi, and both girls just eat him up! Ainsley tells me she wants ninny and she wants to swing in Andrew's swing. When I ask her if she is my baby too, she responds with "no, I'm a big girl. Andrew is the baby!" But I know that she will always be my baby too. She gives the sweetest kisses and hugs me all the time. The greetings I receive from coming home from work are all too sweet and I begin getting tickled with anticipation of my arrival home about half way there each day!

The girls are bringing me flowers and leaves and I now know what it feels like to be on the receiving in of the most beautiful "flowers" and "leafs" in the whole world. I have about a dozen flowers in a vase that have previous residence between the fence posts outside. I am so grateful for the color, that I have placed them in a vase over the sink. I smile now thinking of how wonderful my daughter's love is for me, and my love for them grows with leaps and bounds daily, hourly.... oh, how I wish I didn't have to spare a minute apart from them. As parents we do what we have to do and one of those things is to provide insurance coverage... I guess that is a good enough excuse to work.

I love my family. I am one of the luckiest people in the world.

No comments: