The Goodrich Children

The Goodrich Children
Christmas 2010

My family!

My family!
Olivia, Ainsley, Ella Kate Chris and Andrew!

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Andrew is 4-Months-old!!!

Wow... time is just passing at such an alarming rate of speed! I can't believe that Andrew is cooing, reaching for toys, recognizing those near and dear to him, and just such a pleasant baby!! Okay, the truth is that he really needs to be held a lot, but I am not complaining too much about that. I know that the baby years are fleeting and with that said, another day, another week, and another month have passed us by.
Today we went to church for the first time since he was born (*blush*). Truth is, I have a difficult time getting myself motivated to get everyone ready and out the door. Sometimes I have to admit that the whole, newspaper, coffee, cinnamon rolls and lackadaisical attitude of a Sunday morning sounds better than the running around and getting everyone out the door without any major malfunctions. (Today I had to sew on a button and change an outfit-- nothing disasterous, whew!)
I did get Chris to take a picture of the children and myself this morning. I will have to post it as soon as I can get motivated to get it off the camera. I imagine sometime this week, if not this weekend. My work week is tough with Chris in the middle of tax season. I will be thankful with April 15th gets here, but I am sure not as thankful as Chris. He is working long thankless hours. I know that he is tired and then on his only day off he works at home. I am thankful for the help because I really can not do it all.
The girls are really blooming! Ainsley is really talking now and is so funny. She likes to pretend she is a monster and enjoys "being scary". Olivia is using such adult words and it is so funny to hear her say them in the correct context! I guess I always thought that that would come later, not at age three! She is also beginning to do math. I ask her basic math questions, "what is 1 + 1 = to?" and she responds correctly. I am very proud of her. I make her count out macaroni and whatever else when she helps me cook. I have to admit that she is really big into "arts and crafts" and gets it honestly from her mama! Ainsley is just more involved in her pretend play and taking care of all her animals. I love to watch her develop and blossom. It is hard for me to not compare the two girls, but I keep having to tell myself that Ainsley is not even 2 1/2 and Olivia is 4. Olivia loves to teach Ainsley and mother her. I just enjoy their enthusiasm as they play. I am so thankful that they get along so well!
Well, it is almost 9pm and I am beat. I hope to get this work week started with happy thoughts and lots of good vibes. I really like teaching English and am so happy to be a teacher! (Boy, I hope I wake up feeling this good!)

No comments: